CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS ON COMCAST SPORTSNET POST ALL-TIME RECORD-SETTING REGULAR SEASON TV RATINGS
Highest Blackhawks Final Regular Season TV ratings average in Chicago regional sports network history;
TOP 33 Highest-Rated regular season games in network history have all occurred this season;
2012-13 Season Average Increased 73% for Households (up 59% for Adults 25-54) compared to ’11-’12;
Significant Increases for “Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live” & “Blackhawks Post Game Live presented by Hawk Ford”
Chicago, IL (April 30, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the NHL Western Conference #1-seed Chicago Blackhawks (36-7-5, 77 pts. during the regular season, earning them the Presidents’ Trophy for the league’s best overall record), posted the highest Blackhawks final regular season TV ratings average in the history of Chicago regional sports television -- a 5.38 household season average rating (approx. 187,482 households watching per game) -- which is a 73% increase over last season’s 3.11 previous record final average (an increase of 79,183 more households tuning in per game this season).
In addition, Comcast SportsNet’s record-setting 5.38 Blackhawks regular season household average in the Chicago market this year is a 94% increase from the final season average two years ago (2.78) -- a 121% increase from the final season average three years ago (2.44) -- a 327% increase from the final season average four years ago (1.26) -- and an astounding 754% increase from just five years ago (0.63). Source for all ratings information is provided by Nielsen Media Research.
Note the following additional Comcast SportsNet/Blackhawks regular season TV ratings highlights from this record-setting season:
• The TOP 33 highest-rated Blackhawks regular season games in Chicago regional sports network history have all occurred THIS season (Comcast SportsNet carried a total of 39 regular season games this year) with the all-time high posted on March 5 vs. Minnesota (7.86), which was the Blackhawks franchise-record 10th-straight win and extended their NHL record point streak to start a season to 23 games. The previous all-time single game ratings record heading into this season was a 4.35 household rating, which occurred on March 5, 2010 vs. Vancouver on CSN.
• Here are the Top 10 all-time highest-rated Blackhawks games in Chicago regional sports network history:
1) 7.86 – Blackhawks vs. MIN (March 5, 2013)
2) 7.54 – Blackhawks at STL (February 28, 2013)
3) 7.41 – Blackhawks vs. VAN (February 19, 2013)
4) 6.60 – Blackhawks vs. EDM (February 25, 2013)
5) 6.59 – Blackhawks vs. SJ (February 22, 2013)
6) 6.49 – Blackhawks at ANA (March 20, 2013)
7) 6.38 – Blackhawks vs. CBJ (March 1, 2013)
8) 6.31 – Blackhawks vs. DET (January 27, 2013)
9) 6.27 – Blackhawks vs. STL (April 4, 2013)
10) 6.08 – Blackhawks vs. EDM (March 10, 2013)
• Comcast SportsNet also experienced massive year-to-year ratings increases in EVERY key advertiser demo category, including -- Adults 18-34 (up 109%)…Adults 18-49 (up 84%)…Adults 25-54 (up 59%)…Men 18-34 (up 110%)…Men 18-49 (up 88%)…and Men 25-54 (up 66%).
• In addition to its game ratings success, Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks pre/post game shows also showed solid increases as Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live ratings finished up 56% compared to last season in overall households (up 36% in Adults 25-54), while Blackhawks Post Game Live presented by Hawk Ford ratings increased 80% in overall households (up 57% in Adults 25-54).
Comcast SportsNet will begin its comprehensive 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage of the NHL Western Conference #1-seed Chicago Blackhawks TONIGHT with live Round 1/Game 1 coverage against the #8-seed Minnesota Wild starting at 5:00 PM with a remote, “United Center edition” of SportsTalk Live presented by Smirnoff. First face-off gets underway at 7:00 PM featuring the expert play-by-play and analysis of Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk. Additional first round games on Comcast SportsNet will air on Fri, May 3 (Game 2 coverage begins at 5:30 PM), Tue, May 7 (Game 4 face-off begins at 8:30 PM), along with Game 5 (if nec. on Thu, May 9, time TBD) & Games 6-7 (if nec., network/time TBD).
In addition, fans are urged to visit CSNChicago.com for up-to-the-minute Blackhawks playoffs news, web exclusive videos, “Insider” reports from Tracey Myers, talent blogs, “Blackhawks Pulse” social media page, “Blackhawks In-Game Live” second screen game experiences, game previews/recaps/highlights, stats, and much more. Fans can also follow Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage 24/7 on Twitter @HawksTalkCSN.