CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ACTION RETURNS TO COMCAST SPORTSNET
First Round Coverage vs. Minnesota Wild Begins TOMORROW NIGHT (Tue, Apr. 30) beginning at 5:00 PM; face-off at 7:00 PM featuring Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk with the game call!
Comcast SportsNet to Air Games 1, 2 & 4 in the Chicago Market (and Game 5 if nec.; Games 6-7 TBD);
CSNChicago.com to provide LIVE video stream of EVERY Blackhawks post-game press conference, plus exclusive behind-the-scenes video from team practices and post-game reports from Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers;
“Blackhawks Playoffs Central” preview special airs TONIGHT (Mon, Apr. 29) at 11:00 PM
Chicago, IL (April 29, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the NHL Western Conference #1-seed Chicago Blackhawks (36-7-5, 77 pts. during the regular season, earning them the Presidents’ Trophy for the league’s best overall record), is ready to bring fans the thrilling excitement of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs with exclusive first round Western Conference Playoffs action as the Blackhawks take on the #8-seed Minnesota Wild. Comcast SportsNet will be the exclusive television home in the Chicago market to see Games 1 and 2 from the United Center, along with Game 4 in Minnesota and Game 5 (if necessary) from the UC. Details for Games 6 & 7 are TBD. Plus, every Comcast SportsNet Stanley Cup Playoff game telecast will also be presented in a high-definition (HD) format.
Comcast SportsNet’s Blackhawks Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage gets underway with Game 1 TOMORROW NIGHT - Tuesday, April 30 at 5:00 PM with a special, live remote edition of SportsTalk Live presented by Smirnoff featuring host David Kaplan and his panel from the United Center. Following SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-verse at 6:00 PM, fans can look forward to a live United Center edition of Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live featuring hosts Pat Boyle and Steve Konroyd at 6:30 PM. Opening face-off is set for 7:00 PM featuring Comcast SportsNet’s announcing tandem of Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk with the expert play-by-play and analysis, plus – Comcast SportsNet’s Susannah Collins will provide in-stadium reports throughout the first round for all playoff games. NOTE: Steve Konroyd will fill in as game analyst for Olczyk for Games 2 & 6 (if nec.) of the opening round series. Immediately following all playoff games –Blackhawks Post Game Live presented by Hawk Ford will feature live locker room interviews, detailed analysis, along with head coach Joel Quenneville’s post-game press conference and numerous player interviews. (Comcast SportsNet’s complete First Round coverage schedule is included in this release.)
TONIGHT (Mon, Apr. 29) at 11:00 PM, Blackhawks fans can look forward to a Stanley Cup Playoffs primer with BLACKHAWKS PLAYOFF CENTRAL, a half-hour special hosted by Boyle and Olczyk, along with CSNChicago.com’s Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers featuring a thorough playoffs breakdown, a detailed look back at this historic Blackhawks regular season, along with an overview of the entire Stanley Cup Playoffs picture with analysis on both conferences.
Throughout the playoffs, viewers can also look forward to SportsNet Central: Playoff Central (scheduled nightly at 10:30 PM, times may vary due to airing of live events) for the most in-depth Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage, including game recaps, previews, up-to-the-minute team/player updates, interviews and numerous playoff highlights from around the league.
Also, throughout the playoffs, Comcast SportsNet’s comprehensive website, CSNChicago.com, will provide fans with even more exclusive Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs content including the following:
• CSNChicago.com will stream EVERY Blackhawks postgame press conference LIVE providing insider access to coach Joel Quenneville addressing the media as it happens.
• CSNChicago.com Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers will be on-site -- for EVERY Blackhawks playoff game -- filing stories and video for each game and team practices, plus Myers will provide up-to-the-second Tweets via @TramyersCSN throughout the series, as will CSNChicago.com Blackhawks reporter Nina Falcone (@NinaFalcone).
• “Blackhawks In-Game Live” -- a seamless social and interactive second screen experience around Blackhawks playoff telecasts that extends the game from the TV screen to the tablet, mobile phone and PC. In Game Live combines state-of-the-art infographics and data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity.
• “Blackhawks Pulse” presented by AT&T U-verse -- a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Blackhawks Pulse” aggregates all Blackhawks player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #HawksTalk.
• Game highlights available on CSNChicago.com between period and following every game along with “Game Story,” a web-exclusive recap of each game.
• ‘Blackhawks Talk’ (@HawksTalkCSN) offers news, views and analysis from Myers, Blackhawks Pre/Post Game host Pat Boyle (@CSNBoyle), Susannah Collins (@susannahcollins),as well as other CSNChicago.com contributors.
• Additional Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage content sharing/cross-promotion via NBCSports.com & ProHockeyTalk.com.
Note the following first round schedule of games and additional coverage information on Comcast SportsNet:
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS vs. MINNESOTA WILD on COMCAST SPORTSNET
* Game 1: Tue, April 30, 7:00 PM – Blackhawks vs. Wild (United Center) in HD
(NOTES: Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage on Comcast SportsNet begins at 5:00 PM w/a special live remote edition of SportsTalk Live hosted by David Kaplan, which will be followed by “SportsNet Central” at 6:00 PM; “Blackhawks Pre-Game Live” at 6:30 PM & ”Blackhawks Post Game Live” after the game; followed by “SportsNet Central” with even more comprehensive Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs coverage; game replay at 1:30 AM)
-- IMPORTANT WHITE SOX NOTE: The White Sox at Texas game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market); coverage begins at 6:30 PM.
* Game 2: Fri, May 3, 8:30 PM – Blackhawks vs. Wild (United Center) in HD
(NOTES: “SportsTalk Live at 5:30 PM; “SportsNet Central” at 6:30 PM; Special encore edition of “Inside Look with Joel Quenneville at 7:00 PM, ONE-HOUR expanded United Center edition of “Blackhawks Pre-Game Live” at 7:30 PM/”Blackhawks Post Game Live” after the game; “SportsNet Central” with full Blackhawks/Stanley Cup Playoffs recap following “Blackhawks Post Game Live;” game replay at 1:30 AM)
-- IMPORTANT WHITE SOX NOTE: The White Sox at Kansas City game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market); coverage begins at 6:30 PM.
* Game 3: Sun, May 5 at approx. 4:30 PM – ‘Blackhawks Post Game Live’ on Comcast SportsNet
* Game 4: Tue, May 7, 8:30 PM – Blackhawks at Wild (Xcel Energy Center) in HD
(PRECISE COVERAGE DETAILS FOR THIS DAY ARE TBD)
* Game 5: Thu, May 9 (Time TBD) – Blackhawks vs. Wild (United Center) (if necessary) in HD
* Game 6: Thu, May 11 (Time/Network TBD) – Blackhawks at Wild (Xcel Energy Center) (if necessary) in HD
* Game 7: Sun, May 12 (Time/Network TBD) – Blackhawks vs. Wild (United Center) (if necessary) in HD
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL TIME