CHICAGO BULLS “HOMETOWN CALL” NBA PLAYOFFS COVERAGE RETURNS TO COMCAST SPORTSNET
First Round Coverage Begins this Saturday, April 20 at 5:00 PM
Network to carry exclusive “Hometown Call” coverage of EVERY Bulls vs. Nets first round match-up
CSNChicago.com to provide LIVE video stream of EVERY Bulls post-game press conference,
plus, “In-Game Live” and “Bulls Pulse” features & exclusive video and post-game reports from Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam
Chicago, IL (April 18, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Bulls, is ready to deliver electrifying “HOMETOWN CALL” 2013 NBA Playoffs action as the Bulls look to further extend their season in first round action against the Brooklyn Nets. Comcast SportsNet will be the exclusive “local” television home in the Chicago market to see live coverage of EVERY first round playoff telecast featuring the always-entertaining Bulls announcing tandem of Neil Funk & Stacey King!
Comcast SportsNet’s Chicago Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage gets underway this Saturday, April 20 beginning at 5:00 PM with wall-to-wall Bulls coverage starting off with the premiere of Inside Look presented by Cadillac featuring David Kaplan’s one-on-one interview with Bulls forward Carlos Boozer. At 5:30 PM, Comcast SportsNet will carry the Bulls Playoff Central preview special (details below), which will lead into a special, ONE-HOUR expanded edition of McDonald’s Bulls Pre-Game Live hosted by Mark Schanowski and former Bull Sidney Green (featuring Bulls beat reporter Luke Stuckmeyer & CSNChicago.com Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam with live reports and interviews from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY).
Then, at 7:00 PM, fans can look forward to the exclusive “Hometown Call” coverage of Game 1 between the Bulls and Nets live from the Barclays Center featuring Neil & Stacey with the game call. Immediately following Saturday’s playoff opener and every Bulls playoff game, Comcast SportsNet will carry Kia Bulls Post Game Live (hosted by Schanowski & Green) featuring live locker room interviews, detailed analysis, along with head coach Tom Thibodeau’s post-game press conferences and numerous player interviews. (Comcast SportsNet’s complete Bulls first round coverage schedule is included in this release.)
TONIGHT (Thu, Apr. 18) at 10:30 PM, Bulls fans can look forward to an NBA Playoffs primer with BULLS PLAYOFF CENTRAL, a half-hour special hosted by Mark Schanowski & Stacey King featuring a thorough position-by-position breakdown of the Bulls-Nets first round match-up, a detailed look back at previous Bulls-Nets battles from this season, along with an overview of the entire NBA Playoffs picture with analysis on both conferences.
Throughout the playoffs, viewers can also look forward to SportsNet Central: Playoff Central (scheduled nightly at 10:30 PM, times may vary due to airing of live events) for the most in-depth Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage, including game recaps, previews, up-to-the-minute team/player updates, interviews and numerous playoff highlights from around the league.
Also, throughout the playoffs, Comcast SportsNet’s comprehensive website, CSNChicago.com, will provide fans with even more exclusive Bulls/NBA Playoffs content including the following:
• CSNChicago.com will stream EVERY Bulls postgame press conference LIVE providing insider access to coach Tom Thibodeau addressing the media as it happens.
• CSNChicago.com Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam will be on-site -- for EVERY Bulls playoff game -- filing stories and video for each game and team practices, plus Sam will provide up-to-the-second Tweets via @CSNBullsInsider throughout the series.
• “Bulls In-Game Live” -- a seamless social and interactive second screen experience around Bulls playoff telecasts that extends the game from the TV screen to the tablet, mobile phone and PC. In Game Live combines state-of-the-art infographics and data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity.
• “Bulls Pulse” presented by AT&T U-verse -- a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Bulls Pulse” aggregates all Bulls player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #BullsTalk.
• Game highlights available on CSNChicago.com following every game along with “Game Story,” a web-exclusive recap of each game.
• ‘Bulls Talk’ (@BullsTalkCSN) offers news, views and analysis from Sam, Bulls Pre/Postgame hosts Mark Schanowski (@MarkSchanowski), Luke Stuckmeyer (@LukeStuckmeyer),as well as other CSNChicago.com contributors.
• Additional NBA Playoffs coverage content sharing/cross-promotion via NBCSports.com & ProBasketballTalk.com.
Note the following first round schedule of games and additional coverage information on Comcast SportsNet:
CHICAGO BULLS vs. BROOKLYN NETS on COMCAST SPORTSNET
* Game 1: Sat, April 20, 7:00 PM – Bulls at Nets (Barclays Center) in HD
(NOTES: Bulls coverage on Comcast SportsNet begins at 5:00 PM w/Inside Look: Carlos Boozer; Bulls Playoff Central preview show airs at 5:30 PM; EXPANDED, ONE-HOUR EDITION of “Bulls Pre-Game Live” airs at 6:00 PM/”Bulls Post Game Live” after the game, followed by “SportsNet Central” with even more comprehensive Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage; game replay at 12:30 AM)
-- IMPORTANT CUBS NOTE: The Cubs at Milwaukee game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market); coverage begins at 5:30 PM.
* Game 2: Mon, April 22, 7:00 PM – Bulls at Nets (Barclays Center) in HD
(NOTES: “SportsTalk Live at 5:00 PM; “SportsNet Central” at 6:00 PM; “Bulls Pre-Game Live” at 6:30 PM/”Bulls Post Game Live” after the game; “SportsNet Central” with full Bulls/NBA Playoffs recap following “Blackhawks Post Game Live;” game replay at 1:30 AM)
-- IMPORTANT CUBS NOTE: The Cubs at Cincinnati game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market); coverage begins at 5:30 PM.
-- IMPORTANT BLACKHAWKS NOTE: The Blackhawks at Vancouver will air on CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market) beginning at 9:00 PM…and will be joined in progress on the main Comcast SportsNet channel location immediately following “Bulls Post Game Live)
* Game 3: Thu, April 25, 7:30 PM – Bulls vs. Nets (United Center) in HD
(NOTES: “SportsTalk Live at 5:30 PM; “SportsNet Central” at 6:30 PM; “Bulls Pre-Game Live” at 7:00 PM/”Bulls Post Game Live” after the game, followed by “SportsNet Central” with even more comprehensive Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage; game replay at 1:30 AM)
-- IMPORTANT WHITE SOX NOTE: The White Sox vs. Tampa Bay game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market); coverage begins at 6:30 PM.
* Game 4: Sat, April 27, 1:00 PM – Bulls vs. Nets (United Center) in HD
(NOTES: Inside Look: Carlos Boozer at 11:30 AM; EXPANDED, ONE-HOUR EDITION expanded edition of “Bulls Pre-Game Live” airs at 12 NOON/”Bulls Post Game Live” after the game; full Bulls/NBA Playoffs recap on “SportsNet Central;” game replay at 12:30 AM)
* Game 5: Mon, Apr. 29 (Time TBD) – Bulls at Nets (Barclays Center) (if necessary) in HD
* Game 6: Thu, May 2 (Time TBD) – Bulls vs. Nets (United Center) (if necessary) in HD
* Game 7: Sat, May 4 (Time TBD) – Bulls at Nets (Barclays Center) (if necessary) in HD