First Round Coverage Begins this Sunday, April 20 at 5:30 PM
Network to carry exclusive Bulls vs. Wizards “Hometown Call” coverage featuring Neil Funk & Stacey King!
Comcast SportsNet to Air Games 1-3 in the Chicago Market (and Games 5-7 if nec.)
CSNChicago.com to provide LIVE video stream of EVERY Bulls post-game press conference, plus exclusive behind-the-scenes video from team practices and post-game reports from Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam
“Bulls Fever: Playoff Preview” special airs TONIGHT (Thu, Apr. 17) at 11:00 PM
Chicago, IL (April 17, 2014) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the Chicago Bulls, is ready to deliver electrifying “Hometown Call” 2014 NBA Playoffs coverage as the Bulls look to further extend their season in Eastern Conference first round action against the Washington Wizards. Comcast SportsNet will be the exclusive “local” television home in the Chicago market to see live coverage of Games 1-3, along with Games 5-7 if necessary, featuring the always-entertaining Bulls announcing tandem of Neil Funk & Stacey King!
Comcast SportsNet’s Chicago Bulls/NBA Playoffs first round coverage gets underway this Sunday, April 20 beginning at 5:30 PM CT with Bulls Pregame Live presented by McDonald’s, featuring hosts Mark Schanowski and former Bulls center Will Perdue LIVE from the United Center. Bulls Pregame Live will provide a complete Game 1 preview, analysis, interviews, along with the latest team/player news and updates from Bulls beat reporter Aiyana Cristal & CSNChicago.com Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam.
Then, at 6:00 PM, fans can look forward to the exclusive “Hometown Call” coverage of Game 1 between the Bulls and Wizards live from the United Center featuring Neil & Stacey with the game call. Immediately following Sunday’s playoff opener and after every Bulls playoff game, Comcast SportsNet will carry Bulls Postgame Live presented by Kia (hosted by Schanowski & Perdue), featuring live locker room interviews, detailed analysis, along with head coach Tom Thibodeau’s post-game press conference and numerous player interviews. (Comcast SportsNet’s complete Bulls first round coverage schedule is included in this release.)
TONIGHT (Thu, Apr. 17) at 11:00 PM, Bulls fans can look forward to an NBA Playoffs primer with Bulls Fever: Playoff Preview. This half-hour special will provide a detailed, inside look at the Bulls first round NBA Playoffs match-up against the Wizards, along with the very latest player status updates, a look back at the past regular season featuring key highlights, plus - player/coaches interviews and an overview of the entire NBA Playoffs picture with analysis on both conferences.
Throughout the playoffs, viewers can also look forward to SportsNet Central: Playoff Central (scheduled nightly at 10:30 PM, times may vary due to airing of live events) for the most in-depth NBA Playoffs coverage, including game recaps, previews, up-to-the-minute team/player updates, interviews and numerous playoff highlights from around the league.
Also, throughout the playoffs, Comcast SportsNet’s comprehensive website, CSNChicago.com, will provide fans with even more exclusive Bulls/NBA Playoffs content including the following:
• CSNChicago.com will stream Bulls postgame press conference LIVE (sponsored by Xfinity) providing insider access to head coach Tom Thibodeau addressing the media as it happens.
• CSNChicago.com Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam will be on-site -- for EVERY Bulls playoff game -- filing stories and video for each game and team practices, plus Sam will provide up-to-the-second Tweets via @CSNBullsInsider throughout the series, as will CSNChicago.com Bulls digital reporter Mark Strotman (@MarkStrot). Strotman will also provide Bulls coverage and opponent perspective/reports throughout the series.
• Video highlights from every Bulls playoff game, including in-game highlights at halftime. Pre-game interviews from team practices will also be provided, as well as extensive post-game reaction from the locker room and analysis from the “Kia Bulls Postgame Live” team.
• “Bulls Pulse presented by AT&T U-Verse,” a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Bulls Pulse” aggregates all Bulls player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #BullsTalk.
• BullsTalk (@BullsTalkCSN), CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Bulls news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. BullsTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBaskteballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
• “Bulls In-Game Live,” a second screen platform for web and mobile devices that combines state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live game broadcasts.
• Mark Schanowski and Aiyana Cristal, CSN Chicago’s Bulls reporting team will provide pre-game and post-game coverage from the arena, along with digital content contribution and videos for CSNChicago.com throughout the season. Follow them on Twitter @MarkSchanowski & @aiyanacristal.
• CSNChicago.com’s new state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Bulls playoffs content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
• CSNChicago.com and Bulls.com will collaborate in content creation and distribution throughout the playoffs to provide fans in-depth player interviews and features plus behind-the-scenes access to everything going on and off-the-ice within the Bulls organization.
• CSNChicago.com, Yahoo! Sports and NBC’s ProBasketballTalk.com will also produce additional Bulls and NBA Playoffs content, which will include on-camera segments and digital reports.
Note the following first round schedule of games and additional coverage information on Comcast SportsNet:
CHICAGO BULLS vs. WASHINGTON WIZARDS on COMCAST SPORTSNET
* Game 1: Sun, April 20, 6:00 PM – Bulls vs. Wizards (United Center) in HD
(NOTES: Bulls coverage on Comcast SportsNet begins at 5:30 PM w/Bulls Pregame Live/Bulls Postgame Live after the game – both shows live from the United Center; SportsNet Central at 10 PM/10:30 PM with even more comprehensive Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage; game replay at 12:30 AM)
* Game 2: Tue, April 22, 8:30 PM – Bulls vs. Wizards (United Center) in HD
(NOTES: Bulls Pregame Live at 8:00 PM/Bulls Postgame Live after the game – both shows live from the United Center; SportsNet Central at approx. 11:30 PM with even more comprehensive Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage; game replay Wed, Apr. 23 at 2:30 PM)
-- IMPORTANT CUBS NOTE: The Cubs vs. Arizona game at 7:00 PM (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market); PLEASE NOTE: The Cubs-AZ game will also simultaneously air on the main Comcast SportsNet channel location from 7:00-8:00 PM.
* Game 3: Fri, April 25, 7:00 PM – Bulls at Wizards (Verizon Center) in HD
TWO POTENTIAL SCENARIOS THIS DAY…
1) IF THE BLACKHAWKS FACE ST. LOUIS IN GAME 5 OF THEIR FIRST ROUND STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS SERIES, THE BLACKHAWKS GAME WILL AIR ON THE MAIN COMCAST SPORTSNET CHANNEL LOCATION…THE BULLS AT WIZARDS GAME WOULD THEN AIR ON CSN+. (LIVE COVERAGE TO BEGIN AT 6:30 PM) (CSN+ CHANNEL LOCATIONS INFORMATION AVAILABLE HERE: csnchicago.com/channel-finder)
(NOTES: Bulls Pregame Live at 6:30 PM/Bulls Postgame Live after the game; SportsNet Central at 10:00/10:30 PM with even more comprehensive Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage)
-- VERY IMPORTANT CUBS NOTE: The Cubs at Milwaukee game at 7:00 PM (originally scheduled to air on CSN+) will move to CSN+2 (expanded details on this potential CSN+2 scenario coming soon; CSN+2 channel location details will be available here: csnchicago.com/channel-finder).
2) IF THE BLACKHAWKS DO NOT FACE ST. LOUIS IN GAME 5 OF THEIR FIRST ROUND STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS SERIES…THE BULLS AT WIZARDS GAME WOULD THEN AIR ON THE MAIN COMCAST SPORTSNET CHANNEL LOCATION.
(NOTES: Bulls Pregame Live at 6:30 PM/Bulls Postgame Live after the game; SportsNet Central at 10:00/10:30 PM with even more comprehensive Bulls/NBA Playoffs coverage; game replay at 12:30 AM)
-- IMPORTANT CUBS NOTE: The Cubs at Milwaukee game (originally scheduled to air on Comcast SportsNet) will now move to CSN+ (or CLTV in the Chicago market) with coverage beginning at 6:30 PM.
* Game 4: Sun, April 27 – ‘Bulls Postgame Live’ on Comcast SportsNet (approx. 2:30 PM)
(NOTES: Bulls Postgame Live will be streamed live on CSNChicago.com this day; TV details are TBD)
* Game 5: Tue, Apr. 29 (Time TBD) – Bulls vs. Wizards (United Center) (if necessary) in HD
* Game 6: Thu, May 1 (Time TBD) – Bulls at Wizards (Verizon Center) (if necessary) in HD
* Game 7: Sat, May 3 (Time TBD) – Bulls vs. Wizards (United Center) (if necessary) in HD
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL TIME