COMCAST SPORTSNET TO AIR MICHAEL JORDAN 50TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION SPECIAL on FEBRUARY 17 at 10:30 PM
CSNChicago.com to provide original content from Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam, along with video features, photo galleries and much more!
Chicago, IL (February 12, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet’s nightly sports news desk, GMC SportsNet Central, will honor the 50th birthday of the greatest player in basketball history – MICHAEL JORDAN – with an original, half-hour special entitled SportsNet Central: MJ 23/50, debuting Sunday, February 17 at 10:30 PM CT.
Hosted by CSN’s Luke Stuckmeyer from the United Center, SportsNet Central: MJ 23/50 will provide fans with a retrospective look back at Jordan’s brilliant career – not only from an athletic standpoint, but also how MJ single-handedly changed the landscape of sports marketing. Among the show highlights include:
• New interviews with numerous individuals who played with/against Jordan over the years, along with many of whom Jordan worked with off-the-court will be featured throughout the program, including Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc, Kobe Bryant, Clyde Drexler, Stacey King, Kendall Gill, Doug Collins, Greg Popovich, Sam Smith, Bill Melton, Dave Otto and Jeremy Roenick to name a few.
• Feature segments in the show will take an in-depth, highlight-filled look at his basketball career (from Pat Boyle), his baseball career (from Chris Boden), his impact on the world of sports marketing (from Susannah Collins), his top 50-point games, along with a countdown of the Top 10 moments of his career (both from Mark Schanowski).
• Plus – throughout the week, fans can look forward to even more MJ 23/50 content as CSNChicago.com’s Bulls “Insider” Aggrey Sam (@CSNBullsInsider) will provide feature stories filled unique MJ anecdotes from his illustrious career. Also, CSNChicago.com will provide a video feature with Aggrey Sam and Bulls.com columnist Sam Smith discussing MJ’s impact on the NBA and the sports world in general. In addition, CSNChicago.com will provide a career timeline piece, a Greatest/Top 10 Moments piece, photo galleries and much more.
• From a social media standpoint, Comcast SportsNet is urging fans to visit the network’s Facebook page (Facebook.com/CSNChicago) to post their favorite MJ memories. Also, fans on Twitter are urged to utilize the hashtag #BullsTalk to post their thoughts, comments and best MJ birthday wishes throughout the week.
• This special program will also re-air on Comcast SportsNet on Wed, Feb. 20 at 10:30 PM.