Expanded Coverage on tap for White Sox Home/Season Opener on Mar. 31 & Apr. 2 for CSN’s first Cubs Telecast
CSNChicago.com coverage highlighted by Opening Day pre/post-game video reports, exclusive behind-the-scenes video, plus - feature stories, “Insider” reports, in-game Twitter coverage from talent and much more!
Chicago, IL (March 27, 2014) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the 2014 Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs, will deliver expanded coverage for the White Sox Home/Season Opener on Monday, March 31, featuring a one-hour, Opening Day edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota LIVE from U.S. Cellular Field, along with an expanded edition of White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru, also taking place at U.S. Cellular Field. In addition, Comcast SportsNet will also provide expanded coverage for its first Cubs game of the season on Wednesday, April 2, which will be telecast on CSN+. Also, Comcast SportsNet’s digital home, CSNChicago.com, will provide fans with even more extensive Opening Week coverage, including exclusive behind-the-scenes video from Opening Day at U.S. Cellular, along with feature stories, talent blogs, featured player videos, game previews/recaps and much more. Plus, every White Sox and Cubs home and road telecast on Comcast SportsNet and CSN+ will once again presented in high-definition (HD) this season.
Prior to Opening Day, viewers can look forward to the premiere of the network’s one-hour special entitled Hope Springs Eternal: White Sox and Cubs Season Preview, debuting Sunday, March 30 at 9:00 PM CT. Among the highlights in the special, hosted by Cubs Pre/Postgame Live host David Kaplan and White Sox Pre/Postgame Live host Chuck Garfien with insider reports from CSN’s White Sox beat reporter Jen Lada and Cubs beat reporter Kelly Crull, will include a complete breakdown and analysis of both teams, prospects to keep an eye on, along with numerous features and player profiles. This special will also re-air on Mon, March 31 at 1:00 PM, leading up to White Sox Pregame Live at 2:00 PM.
For the White Sox home/season opener on Monday, March 31, Comcast SportsNet will get things going at 2:00 PM with an expanded, LIVE REMOTE Opening Day edition of White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota from U.S. Cellular Field. The one-hour Opening Day special will be hosted by Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox studio tandem of Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton, along with extensive pre-game reports from Jen Lada. First pitch is set for 3:00 PM as the White Sox host the division rival Minnesota Twins featuring the always-entertaining White Sox announcing tandem of Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Steve Stone on the call. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru, also taking place live from U.S. Cellular Field. Note the following highlights from Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox Opening Day coverage:
MONDAY, MARCH 31 on COMCAST SPORTSNET – WHITE SOX OPENING DAY!
1:00 PM – Hope Springs Eternal: White Sox and Cubs Season Preview – Complete breakdown/analysis of both 2014 squads, plus - a look at team prospects and emerging standout players, along with numerous features & player profiles.
2:00 PM – White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota – Expanded pre-game coverage featuring Comcast SportsNet’s Chuck Garfien, Bill Melton and Jen Lada LIVE from U.S. Cellular Field. Special Opening Day pre-game features include: player reaction to White Sox legend Paul Konerko’s final opening day, an interview with White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper, a look at the new food items available at U.S. Cellular Field, plus profiles on the new faces on the 2014 White Sox and much more.
3:00 PM – OPENING DAY: WHITE SOX vs. MINNESOTA (L) – Featuring Ken “Hawk” Harrelson & Steve Stone on the call
6:00 PM – White Sox Postgame Live presented by Subaru (time approx.) – Hosted by Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton featuring the LIVE post-game press conference with White Sox manager Robin Ventura (to also be streamed live on CSNChicago.com), along with player interviews and post-game reports from Jen Lada.
10:00 PM & 10:30 PM – GMC SportsNet Central – LIVE, comprehensive White Sox and Cubs Opening Day local recap and national Opening Day recaps from around Major League Baseball.
11:00 PM – White Sox vs. Minnesota (game replay)
On Wednesday, April 2 on CSN+, Comcast SportsNet will provide fans with extensive coverage for its first Chicago Cubs telecast of the 2014 season. Coverage begins at 5:30 PM with Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group, featuring hosts David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth. The Cubs will face the NL Central rival Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park with first pitch set for 6:00 PM CT with Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies providing the game call. The game will also be immediately followed by an expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois. NOTE: Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can watch all CSN+ games on CLTV. Cable and satellite operators who do not carry CLTV will place CSN+ telecasts on a to-be-determined channel. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet, CSN+, Comcast SportsNet HD and CSN+ HD telecasts in their area. Note the following highlights from this special day of Cubs coverage:
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2 on COMCAST SPORTSNET PLUS (CSN+) – CUBS at PITTSBURGH!
5:30 PM – Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group – Hosted by David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth with special pre-game features including an interview with Cubs President, Baseball Operations Theo Epstein, plus – a complete breakdown of this year’s Cubs team and their new manager Rick Renteria.
6:00 PM – CUBS at ATLANTA (L) – Featuring Len Kasper & Jim Deshaies on the call
9:00 PM – Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois (time approx.) – Hosted by Kaplan and Hollandsworth featuring LIVE post-game press conferences featuring Cubs manager Rick Renteria and player interviews.
NOTE: Comcast SportsNet’s first home Cubs telecast of the 2014 campaign, which will kick-off the network’s celebration of Wrigley Field’s 100th anniversary, will take place on Saturday, April 5 as the Cubs host team legend/current Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg and the Phillies (expanded pre-game coverage begins with Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group at 12:30 PM; first pitch is set for 1:20 PM).
In addition to the comprehensive White Sox and Cubs coverage on Comcast SportsNet, viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com throughout Opening Week - and all season long - for even more comprehensive 24/7 baseball coverage, including:
• Live stream of White Sox manager Robin Ventura and Cubs manager Rick Renteria’s post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every home game.
• White Sox/Cubs In-Game Live, a second screen platform for web and mobile devices that combines state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live White Sox/Cubs game telecasts.
• White Sox “Insider” Dan Hayes returns for his third season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @DanHayesCSN for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Hayes will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on White Sox Pregame Live presented by Orland Park Toyota, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and in all Comcast SportsNet White Sox home games.
• Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney returns for his fifth season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Mooney will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and in all Comcast SportsNet Cubs home games.
• White Sox Pre/Postgame Live host Chuck Garfien will once again offer on-going reports and insight via his popular “Sox Drawer” blog, which will include video content. Garfien can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @ChuckGarfien, for up-to-the-second White Sox news.
• Cubs Pre/Postgame Live host David Kaplan will once again offer on-going reports and insight via his popular “The Kapman” blog, which will include video content. Kaplan can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @thekapman, for up-to-the-second Cubs news.
• “White Sox/Cubs Pulse,” a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “White Sox/Cubs Pulse” aggregates all White Sox/Cubs player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #WhiteSoxTalk/#CubsTalk. Fans can also get interactive on Twitter by utilizing hashtags #WhiteSoxTalk/#CubsTalk for the latest news, rumors, trades and more by following @WhiteSoxTalkCSN/@CubsTalkCSN.
• CSNChicago.com digital baseball reporters Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) and JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also be providing game day reports, analysis and features.
• In addition to his White Sox on-air duties, Garfien will partner with Hayes and CSN’s White Sox baseball beat reporter Jen Lada (@JenLada) this season on CSNChicago.com, providing multi-platform coverage via on-going blogs, fan Q&A mailbag segments and much more.
• In addition to his Cubs on-air duties, Kaplan will partner with Mooney, Todd Hollandsworth (@hollytime28) and CSN’s Cubs baseball beat reporter Kelly Crull (@kcru11) this season on CSNChicago.com, providing multi-platform coverage via on-going blogs, fan Q&A mailbag segments and much more.
• WhiteSoxTalk & CubsTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive White Sox & Cubs news sections featuring original commentary, news reports, trades and rumor via contributions from Hayes, Mooney, Garfien, Kaplan, and other in-house experts as they lend their knowledge and expertise to the latest happenings in the teams’ respective divisions, as well as league wide. WhiteSoxTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBasketballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
• CSNChicago.com’s state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded White Sox & Cubs content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
CSN Chicago’s White Sox & Cubs content will also be distributed via its digital network of partnerships including NBCSports.com, NBCNews.com, Yahoo! Sports and Xfinity.com.