COMCAST SPORTSNET ANNOUNCES 2013 CHICAGO WHITE SOX COVERAGE
99 Regular Season Games, including Home Opener on Monday, April 1,
Plus – Exclusive White Sox content 24/7 on CSNChicago.com, Every Home and Road Game in HD,
“Crosstown Classic” action vs. Cubs and more!
Chicago, IL (March 13, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of 2012 and six-time overall MLB All-Star Paul Konerko (.298 avg, 26 HRs in 2012), 2012 All-Star Chris Sale (17-8, 3.05 ERA), 2012 Sporting News “AL Comeback Player of the Year” Adam Dunn (41 HRs, 96 RBI, 105 BB), 2012 All-Star Jake Peavy (3.37 ERA), Alex Rios (.304, 25 HRs, 91 RBI), manager Robin Ventura (3rd in AL “Manager of the Year” voting) and the rest of the 2013 Chicago White Sox, has announced its White Sox telecast schedule and accompanying on-air network coverage and online coverage on CSNChicago.com.
The 2013 White Sox season on Comcast SportsNet includes 99 live regular season games (all in HD), including the HOME/SEASON OPENER against the AL Central division rival Kansas City Royals on Monday, April 1 at 3:00 PM featuring the always-entertaining White Sox announcing tandem of Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and Steve Stone on the call. Coverage begins at 2:00 PM with an expanded, LIVE REMOTE Opening Day edition of Subaru White Sox Pre-Game Live from U.S. Cellular Field featuring Comcast SportsNet’s White Sox studio duo of Chuck Garfien and Bill Melton. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of White Sox Post Game Live, also taking place live from U.S. Cellular Field.
Comcast SportsNet’s first road White Sox telecast of the 2013 campaign will take place on Wednesday, April 10 as the Sox travel to face 2012 NL “Rookie of the Year” Bryce Harper and the Washington Nationals in an early season interleague match-up beginning at 6:00 PM.
Game enhancements of note for the 2013 White Sox season include a brand new graphics package featuring the NBC Sports look, along with the return of CSN’s popular super slo-mo technology entitled “The Look,” an HD technology that is capable of showing slow-motion replays of over 2,000 frames per second. In addition, fans can once again look forward to “Pitch Trax” in all games this season, which animates the precise pitch location throughout the game in a variety of angles, plus – CSN will incorporate a “Telestrator” into select game telecasts this season, detailing key plays, defensive field formations and much more.
In addition to the 99 regular season games, Comcast SportsNet will air the first of five, live White Sox spring training match-ups starting on Friday, March 22 at 9:00 PM, as the White Sox face the defending AL West champion Oakland Athletics from Phoenix, AZ.
Among the 2013 White Sox regular season schedule highlights on Comcast SportsNet include numerous AL Central battles against MLB Triple Crown champion Miguel Cabrera and the Detroit Tigers (13 games), Kansas City Royals (13 games), Cleveland Indians (11 games) and Minnesota Twins (9 games). In addition, viewers can look forward to four games against the defending AL East champion New York Yankees, five games against AL West champ Oakland, three match-ups against Josh Hamilton, Albert Pujols, Mike Trout the LA Angels and…an expanded interleague schedule starting this season includes numerous games against the NL East foes Atlanta, Miami, NY Mets, Philadelphia and Washington. PLUS -- Comcast SportsNet will carry all four White Sox-Cubs “Crosstown Classic” interleague games this year. (NOTE: the May 28 & 30 “Crosstown” games will be “Sox” telecasts on Comcast SportsNet, while the May 27 & 29 games will be “Cubs” telecasts. (The below schedule details CSN’s complete 2013 spring training and regular season White Sox game schedule.).
For the fifth-straight season, legendary White Sox play-by-play man Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and former Cy Young award winner/veteran Chicago baseball game analyst Steve Stone join forces for every White Sox telecast this season. Plus, Chuck Garfien and former White Sox slugger Bill Melton once again return as the in-studio tandem before and after the majority of Comcast SportsNet White Sox telecasts on Subaru White Sox Pre-Game Live and White Sox Post Game Live.
From an online perspective, Comcast SportsNet’s website, CSNChicago.com, delivers comprehensive 24/7 White Sox coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
• Live stream of White Sox manager Robin Ventura’s post-game press conferences following every home game
• In Game Live – a seamless social and interactive second screen experience around White Sox broadcasts – extends the game from the TV screen to the tablet, mobile phone and PC. In Game Live combines state-of-the-art infographics and data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity.
• White Sox "Insider" Dan Hayes returns for his second season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @DanHayesCSN for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Hayes will also file daily stories, video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on White Sox Pre-Game Live, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and various Comcast SportsNet White Sox games.
• Chuck Garfien will offer reports and insight via his popular “Sox Drawer” blog, which will include video content. Garfien can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @ChuckGarfien, for up-to-the-second White Sox news.
• Fans can also get interactive on Twitter by utilizing hashtags #WhiteSoxTalk for the latest news, rumors, trades and more by following @WhiteSoxTalkCSN.
• CSNChicago.com digital baseball producers Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) and JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also be providing game day reports, analysis and features.
• NBCSports.com National Columnist Joe Posnanski (@JPosnanski) will be making regular contributions on the White Sox and national stories on CSNChicago.com.
• In addition, CSNChicago.com will work closely with NBCSports.com and its “Hardball Talk” blog and Yahoo! Sports and its “Big League Stew” blog, plus CSNChicago.com brings back WhiteSoxTalk, a high-frequency page covering all White Sox news, rumors, trades, etc., which will include contributions from Hayes, Garfien, Melton and Stankevitz as they lend their knowledge and expertise to the latest happenings in the AL Central Division, as well as league-wide.
For the sixth-straight season, Comcast SportsNet will produce every White Sox regular season home and road game in a high-definition (HD) format. HD games can be found on Comcast Cable channel 200 (channel 285 for CSN+ HD telecasts), RCN channel 685 , WOW channel 220, AT&T U-verse channel 1741, Mediacom channel 729, Dish Network channel 429 and DIRECTV HD channel 665-1 (channel 666-1 for CSN+ HD telecasts). Viewers who do not own an HDTV will still be able to watch all White Sox games in the standard analog format on Comcast Cable channel 37, DIRECTV channel 665 and DISH Network channel 429 among others. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact standard and HD channel locations in their area.
Before a number of White Sox games on Comcast SportsNet (including all weekend telecasts), fans can tune to Subaru White Sox Pre-Game Live featuring a half-hour of pre-game analysis, interviews and the very latest White Sox news (NOTE: for weeknight 7:00 PM game start times or earlier, pre-game coverage can be found SportsTalk Live presented by Smirnoff or SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-Verse). Following the majority of all games, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on White Sox Post Game Live featuring live coverage of White Sox manager Robin Ventura’s post-game press conferences and live locker room interviews with White Sox players. Following primetime editions of White Sox Post Game Live, Comcast SportsNet will air GMC SportsNet Central with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
Seven regular season White Sox games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus (see attached schedule). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can watch all CSN+ games on CLTV. Cable and satellite operators who do not carry CLTV will place CSN+ telecasts on a to-be-determined channel. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet, CSN+, Comcast SportsNet HD and CSN+ HD telecasts in their area.
Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for more extensive information on the 2013 White Sox, including web exclusive features and “Insider” reports, talent blogs, game previews/recaps, stats, standings and more.