80 Regular Season game schedule begins April 2, 6:00 PM at Pittsburgh on CSN+;
Plus – Exclusive Cubs content 24/7 on CSNChicago.com, Every Home and Road Game in HD,
“Crosstown Classic” action vs. White Sox and much more!
Chicago, IL (March 21, 2014) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of NL All-Star Travis Wood (3.11 ERA in 32 starts), Jeff Samardzija (4th in NL with 214 K’s in 33 starts), along with returning standouts Anthony Rizzo (23 HRs w/80 RBI), Starlin Castro, Darwin Barney, Welington Castillo, Nate Schierholtz, Junior Lake, new manager Rick Renteria and a number of other emerging stars on the 2014 Chicago Cubs roster, has announced its 2014 Cubs telecast schedule and accompanying on-air network coverage and online coverage on CSNChicago.com.
The 2014 Cubs season on Comcast SportsNet includes 80 live regular season games (all in HD) with the first telecast taking place on Wednesday, April 2 at 6:00 PM CT on CSN+, as the Cubs travel to face the division rival Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park featuring the Cubs announcing tandem of Len Kasper and Jim Deshaies with the game call. (NOTE: Viewers are urged to visit CSNChicago.com’s CHANNEL FINDER page for the exact CSN+ channel location in their area. Coverage gets underway on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group beginning at 5:30 PM with host David Kaplan and studio analyst Todd Hollandsworth. SportsNet Central’s Kelly Crull will also make her official debut as CSN’s new Cubs beat reporter with live reports from Pittsburgh. The game will be immediately followed by an expanded edition of Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois.
Comcast SportsNet’s first home Cubs telecast of the 2014 campaign, which will kick-off the network’s celebration of Wrigley Field’s 100th anniversary, will take place on Saturday, April 5 as the Cubs host team legend/current Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg and the Phillies (expanded pre-game coverage begins with Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group at 12:30 PM; first pitch is set for 1:20 PM).
Game enhancements of note for the 2014 Cubs season includes the return of CSN’s popular super slo-mo technology, which is capable of showing slow-motion replays of over 2,000 frames per second. In addition, fans can once again look forward to “Pitch Trax” in all games this season, which animates the precise pitch location throughout the game in a variety of angles, along with CSN’s “Telestrator” into select game telecasts this season, detailing key plays, defensive field formations and much more. Plus – new this season – viewers will get an in-depth look at MLB’s new, expanded, instant-replay system, which, upon a manager’s challenge, will review home runs, ground rule doubles, fan interference, along with numerous other in-game scenarios.
Among the 2014 Cubs regular season schedule highlights on Comcast SportsNet, featuring 54 primetime starts, include numerous NL Central battles against the defending National League champion St. Louis Cardinals (10 games), NL wildcard representatives: 2013 NL MVP Andrew McCutcheon and Pittsburgh Pirates (8 games) & Cincinnati Reds (10 games), along with the Milwaukee Brewers (9 games). In addition, viewers can look forward to a pair of games against Cubs Hall of Fame legend/current Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg, three games against NL All-Star Freddie Freeman and the defending NL East champion Atlanta Braves, three games against two-time Cy Young award winner Clayton Kershaw, rookie sensation Yasiel Puig and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers and… an expanded interleague schedule including three games against the defending World Series champion Boston Red Sox and a pair of games against the New York Yankees. PLUS -- Comcast SportsNet will carry all four Cubs-White Sox “Crosstown Classic” interleague games this year. (NOTE: the May 5 & 7 “Crosstown” games will be “Cubs” telecasts on Comcast SportsNet, while the May 6 & 8 games will be “White Sox” telecasts. (The below schedule details CSN’s complete 2014 regular season Cubs game schedule.).
For the second-straight season, Cubs play-by-play man Len Kasper and former MLB pitcher/veteran game analyst Jim Deshaies join forces for every Cubs telecast on CSN. Plus, Comcast SportsNet’s David Kaplan will be joined by former Cubs/MLB standout Todd Hollandsworth before and after the majority of Comcast SportsNet Cubs telecasts on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group and Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois.
From an online perspective, Comcast SportsNet’s website, CSNChicago.com, delivers comprehensive 24/7 Cubs coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
• Live stream of Cubs manager Rick Renteria’s postgame press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following every home game.
• Cubs In-Game Live, a second screen platform for web and mobile devices that combines state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live White Sox game telecasts.
• Cubs “Insider” Patrick Mooney returns for his fifth season on the beat. Follow him on Twitter @CSNMooney for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7. Mooney will also file daily stories/video reports and will make regular on-air appearances throughout the season on Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group, SportsTalk Live, SportsNet Central and in all Comcast SportsNet Cubs home games.
• Cubs Pre/Postgame Live host David Kaplan will once again offer on-going reports and insight via his popular “The Kapman” blog, which will include video content. Kaplan can also be followed on Twitter 24/7 @thekapman, for up-to-the-second Cubs news.
• “Cubs Pulse,” a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Cubs Pulse” aggregates all Cubs player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #CubsTalk. Fans can also get interactive on Twitter by utilizing hashtags #CubsTalk for the latest news, rumors, trades and more by following @CubsTalkCSN.
• CSNChicago.com digital baseball reporters Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) and JJ Stankevitz (@JJStankevitz) will also be providing game day reports, analysis and features.
• In addition to his on-air duties, Kaplan will partner with Mooney, Todd Hollandsworth (@hollytime28) and CSN’s Cubs baseball beat reporter Kelly Crull (@kcru11) this season on CSNChicago.com, providing multi-platform coverage via on-going blogs, fan Q&A mailbag segments and much more.
• CubsTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Cubs news section featuring original commentary, news reports, trades and rumor via contributions from Mooney, Kaplan, Hollandsworth, and other in-house experts as they lend their knowledge and expertise to the latest happenings in the NL Central Division, as well as league-wide. CubsTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBasketballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
• CSNChicago.com’s state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Cubs content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
• CSN Chicago’s Cubs content will also be distributed via its digital network of partnerships including NBCSports.com, NBCNews.com, Yahoo! Sports and Xfinity.com.
For the seventh-straight season, Comcast SportsNet will produce every Cubs regular season home and road game in a high-definition (HD) format. HD games can be found on Comcast Cable channel 200 (channel 285 for CSN+ HD telecasts), RCN channel 685 (channel 616 for CSN+ HD telecasts), WOW channel 220, AT&T U-verse channel 1741 (channel 1742 for CSN+ HD telecasts), Mediacom channel 732/733/832, Dish Network channel 429 and DIRECTV HD channel 665 (channel 665-1 for CSN+ HD telecasts). Viewers who do not own an HDTV will still be able to watch all White Sox games in the standard analog format on Comcast Cable channel 37, DIRECTV channel 665 and DISH Network channel 429 among others. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact standard and HD channel locations in their area.
Before a number of Cubs games on Comcast SportsNet (including all weekend telecasts), fans can tune to Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group featuring a half-hour of pre-game analysis, interviews and the very latest Cubs news (NOTE: for weeknight 7:00 PM game start times or earlier, pre-game coverage can be found on SportsTalk Live or SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-Verse). Following the majority of all games, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois featuring live coverage of Cubs manager Rick Renteria’s post-game press conferences and live locker room interviews with Cubs players. Following primetime editions of Cubs Postgame Live, Comcast SportsNet will air GMC SportsNet Central with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
Seven regular season Cubs games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus (see attached schedule). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can watch all CSN+ games on CLTV. Cable and satellite operators who do not carry CLTV will place CSN+ telecasts on a to-be-determined channel. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet, CSN+, Comcast SportsNet HD and CSN+ HD telecasts in their area.
2014 Chicago Cubs Schedule
Regular Season: (every game available in HD)
1. Wed, Apr 2 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh CSN+
2. Thu, Apr 3 11:30 am @ Pittsburgh
3. Sat, Apr 5 1:20 pm vs. Philadelphia
4. Tues, Apr 8 7:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
5. Fri, Apr 11 7:00 pm @ St. Louis CSN+
6. Sat, Apr 12 1:00 pm @ St. Louis
7. Tue, Apr 15 6:00 pm @ NY Yankees
8. Sat, Apr 19 1:20 pm vs. Cincinnati
9. Mon, Apr 21 7:00 pm vs. Arizona
10. Tue, Apr 22 7:00 pm vs. Arizona
11. Fri, Apr 25 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
12. Tue, Apr 29 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
13. Wed, Apr 30 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
14. Fri, May 2 1:20 pm vs. St. Louis
15. Sat, May 3 12:00 pm vs. St. Louis
16. Mon, May 5 7:00 pm vs. White Sox
17. Wed, May 7 7:00 pm @ White Sox
18. Fri, May 9 6:30 pm @ Atlanta
19. Mon, May 12 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
20. Wed, May 14 7:00 pm @ St. Louis
21. Thu, May 15 12:30 pm @ St. Louis
22. Sat, May 17 1:20 pm vs. Milwaukee
23. Wed, May 21 1:20 pm vs. NY Yankees
24. Thu, May 22 9:00 pm @ San Diego
25. Tue, May 27 9:00 pm @ San Francisco
26. Wed, May 28 2:30 pm @ San Francisco
27. Sat, May 31 3:00 pm @ Milwaukee
28. Tue, Jun 3 7:00 pm vs. NY Mets
29. Thu, Jun 5 6:00 pm vs. NY Mets
30. Fri, Jun 6 3:00 pm vs. Miami
31. Sun, Jun 8 1:20 pm vs. Miami
32. Tue, Jun 10 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
33. Wed, Jun 11 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
34. Sat, Jun 14 2:00 pm @ Philadelphia
35. Mon, Jun 16 6:00 pm @ Miami
36. Wed, Jun 18 11:30 am @ Miami
37. Tue, Jun 24 7:00 pm vs. Cincinnati
38. Thu, Jun 26 7:00 pm vs. Washington
39. Mon, Jun 30 6:00 pm @ Boston
40. Tue, Jul 1 6:00 pm @ Boston
41. Sat, Jul 5 3:00 pm @ Washington
42. Mon, Jul 7 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
43. Tue, Jul 8 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
44. Fri, Jul 11 3:00 pm vs. Atlanta
45. Sun, Jul 13 1:20 pm vs. Atlanta
46. Fri, Jul 18 8:30 pm @ Arizona
47. Tue, Jul 22 7:00 pm vs. San Diego CSN+
48. Wed, Jul 23 7:00 pm vs. San Diego
49. Sat, Jul 26 3:00 pm vs. St. Louis
50. Mon, Jul 28 7:00 pm vs. Colorado
51. Wed, Jul 30 7:00 pm vs. Colorado CSN+
52. Thu, Jul 31 1:20 pm vs. Colorado
53. Sat, Aug 2 8:00 pm @ LA Dodgers
54. Tue, Aug 5 7:30 pm @ Colorado CSN+
55. Wed, Aug 6 7:30 pm @ Colorado
56. Sun, Aug 10 1:20 pm vs. Tampa Bay
57. Mon, Aug 11 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
58. Tue, Aug 12 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
59. Wed, Aug 13 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
60. Sun, Aug 17 12:00 pm @ NY Mets
61. Mon, Aug 18 11:00 am @ NY Mets
62. Tue, Aug 19 7:00 pm vs. San Francisco
63. Thu, Aug 21 7:00 pm vs. San Francisco
64. Sat, Aug 23 1:20 pm vs. Baltimore
65. Tue, Aug 26 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
66. Wed, Aug 27 6:00 pm @ Cincinnati
67. Sat, Aug 30 6:00 pm @ St. Louis
68. Tue, Sep 2 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee CSN+
69. Wed, Sep 3 7:00 pm vs. Milwaukee
70. Sat, Sep 6 3:00 pm vs. Pittsburgh
71. Tue, Sep 9 6:00 pm @ Toronto
72. Wed, Sep 10 6:00 pm @ Toronto
73. Fri, Sep 12 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
74. Sat, Sep 13 6:00 pm @ Pittsburgh
75. Mon, Sep 15 7:00 pm vs. Cincinnati CSN+
76. Wed, Sep 17 7:00 pm vs. Cincinnati
77. Thu, Sep 18 7:00 pm vs. LA Dodgers
78. Sun, Sep 21 1:20 pm vs. LA Dodgers
79. Wed, Sep 24 7:00 pm vs. St. Louis
80. Fri, Sep 26 7:00 pm @ Milwaukee
80 Regular Season Games – 39 home, 41 away
Schedule Subject to Change
All Times Central Time