COMCAST SPORTSNET TO CELEBRATE “BLACKHAWKS DAY” ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
Network preps for the start of the 2013-14 Defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks season with a full day of Blackhawks-themed programming, including Live appearances from Blackhawks players & more!
CSNChicago.com to feature a social media “Twitter Takeover” by Blackhawks players and much more!
Chicago, IL (September 26, 2013) – To celebrate the start of the upcoming 2013-14 NHL season, Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks, will treat its television and online audiences with “BLACKHAWKS DAY” tomorrow (Friday, September 27).
“Blackhawks Day” on Comcast SportsNet is highlighted by the premiere airing of “Inside Look presented by Cadillac” with special guest, Blackhawks VP/GM Stan Bowman at 12:30 PM. Then at 1:00 PM, Blackhawks fans will be treated with an “NHL on NBC” replay airing of the team’s 2013 Stanley Cup Final Game 6 championship-clinching victory over the Boston Bruins. At 5:30 PM, a Blackhawks-themed edition of SportsTalk Live presented by Land Rover (hosted by David Kaplan) will feature scheduled appearances by Blackhawks Head Coach Joel Quenneville, 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs Conn Smythe Trophy winner Patrick Kane, Blackhawks defenseman Nick Leddy, Blackhawks legend/Hockey Hall of Famer Tony Esposito, the Blackhawks Ice Crew and mascot Tommy Hawk. Plus, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw will also make an appearance on SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-verse at 6:30 PM and…among CSNChicago.com’s full plate of online offerings throughout the day…there will be a “Twitter Takeover” by Blackhawks forward Brandon Bollig and other Blackhawks players that will include giving away a pair of Blackhawks tickets to one lucky winner to the Saturday, Oct. 5 home game vs. Tampa Bay!
REMINDER: The Blackhawks final pre-season game of 2013 will air on Saturday, September 28 vs. Washington on Comcast SportsNet Plus (NOTE: For CSN+ channel locations, please visit csnchicago.com/channel-finder). Comcast SportsNet’s first telecast of the 2013-14 Blackhawks regular season will take place on Saturday, October 5 vs. Tampa Bay (live coverage starts at 6:30 PM on Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live; face-off at 7:00 PM).
Note the following on-air/online highlights from “Blackhawks Day” on Comcast SportsNet coming up on Friday, September 27:
“INSIDE LOOK” w/STAN BOWMAN (12:30 PM)
- Comcast SportsNet’s Chris Boden hosts an exclusive one-on-one interview with two-time Stanley Cup champion Vice President/General Manager of the Chicago Blackhawks STAN BOWMAN. Bowman, now in his 13th season with the Blackhawks and who holds the distinction of being the first NHL GM to win two Stanley Cup titles in the salary cap era, discusses everything including his satisfaction on winning a second title last season, having two superstars in Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane on his roster, his battle/recovery from being diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, his motivation to win yet another Stanley Cup title and much more. (NOTE: This edition of “Inside Look” will also air on Wednesday, October 2 at 7:00 PM)
BLACKHAWKS “CLASSIC”: 2013 Stanley Cup Final/Game 6 - Blackhawks at Boston (1:00 PM)
- Fans can once again relive this historic moment in Chicago sports history on as Comcast SportsNet will replay the June 24 “NHL on NBC” telecast featuring the announcing tandem of Doc Emrick and Chicago’s hometown hero/Blackhawks legend, Eddie Olczyk. This special replay will also include the post-game, on-ice ceremony featuring the hoisting of the Cup by team captain Jonathan Toews and Blackhawks players/coaches/management, along with the Conn Smythe Trophy award presentation to playoff MVP Patrick Kane. (NOTE: Game replay will only be made available within Comcast SportsNet Chicago’s regular NHL viewing territory.)
SPORTSTALK LIVE presented by Land Rover (5:30 PM)
- It will be a star-studded Blackhawks edition of “SportsTalk Live” as host David Kaplan will be joined by array of Blackhawks players/coaches and more including Joel Quenneville, Patrick Kane, Nick Leddy, Tony Esposito, along with mascot “Tommy Hawk” and the Blackhawks “Ice Crew.”
SPORTSNET CENTRAL (6:30 PM, 10:00 PM, 10:30 PM & 12 midnight)
- At 6:30 PM, Blackhawks forward Andrew Shaw will be joining anchor Pat Boyle on the SportsNet Central live on the set to discuss the upcoming season, his thoughts on winning his first Stanley Cup, along with the team’s aspirations to bring another title to Chicago in 2014. NOTE: All editions of “SportsNet Central” this day will feature a heavy “Blackhawks Day” focus via feature stories and a 2013-14 season preview.
CSNChicago.com will provide numerous “Blackhawks Day” elements for fans all day/night, including the following highlights:
• Blackhawks players visiting CSN Chicago on “Blackhawks Day,” including forward Brandon Bollig, will have a “Twitter Takeover” on Friday afternoon, which will include giving away a pair of Blackhawks tickets to the Sat, Oct. 5 home game vs. Tampa Bay. Fans can interact with Bollig and other Blackhawks players via the following Twitter handle: @HawksTalkCSN.
• Fans can also submit their questions via a Vine video that will be published on CSNChicago.com.
• CSNChicago.com Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers (@TraMyersCSN) will provide fans with feature stories and player/coaches interviews, along with the very latest Blackhawks season preview news on the site’s “BlackhawksTalk” section (csnchicago.com/blackhawks).
• Behind-the-scenes videos from “Blackhawks Day” will be posted on CSNChicago.com, along with photo galleries and much more.