COMCAST SPORTSNET TO CELEBRATE BLACKHAWKS DAY ON TUESDAY, OCT. 4
Network preps for the start of the 2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks season with a full day of Blackhawks-themed programming, including Live appearances from Blackhawks playerscoachesfront office execs & more!
CSNChicago.com to feature full-blown Blackhawks content including exclusive, live-streamed features, live interactive chats with players, plus - fans can win Blackhawks signed items via live interactive chat and Twitter
Chicago, IL (October 3, 2011) To celebrate the start of the upcoming 2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks season, Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and most comprehensive coverage of the Blackhawks, is celebrating Opening Week in a big way with BLACKHAWKS DAY on Tuesday, October 4.
Blackhawks Day on Comcast SportsNet is highlighted by the replay airings of a pair Blackhawks Classic telecasts from their thrilling, seven-game, 2011 first round Stanley Cup Playoff series against the rival Vancouver Canucks (airing at 3:00 PM & 7:00 PM). In addition, viewers can look forward to Blackhawks-themed season preview & player profile features, live playercoachesfront office exec interviews and full plate of online offerings via CSNChicago.com, will have fans whetting their appetites for the start of yet another action-packed Blackhawks season.
REMINDER: The 2011-12 Chicago Blackhawks regular season on Comcast SportsNet opens up in a big way with back-to-back nights of live coverage showcasing the SEASON OPENER on Friday, October 7 at 7:30 PM (live coverage starts at 7:00 PM on Chevy Blackhawks Pre-Game Live) and the HOME OPENER on Saturday, October 8 at 7:30 PM (live United Center coverage starts at 6:30 PM on SportsNet Central presented by AT&T U-Verse) as the Blackhawks face the Western Conference rival Dallas Stars on both nights.
Note the following on-aironline highlights from Blackhawks Day on Comcast SportsNet coming up TOMORROW (Tuesday, October 4)
THE DAN PATRICK SHOW (8:00 AM)
- Blackhawks Day festivities on Comcast SportsNet kick off with an appearance by NHL All-Star Patrick Kane on The Dan Patrick Show, which is scheduled for 9:05 AM. Kane will preview the upcoming Blackhawks season with DP among other topics of discussion.
BLACKHAWKS CLASSIC: BLACKHAWKS vs. VANCOUVER (2011 Rd. 1, Gm. 4) (3:00 PM)
- After returning to the Blackhawks line-up for the first time in six weeks after suffering a concussion, center Dave Bolland was determined to make his presence felt once again as he scored a goal and added three assists in the Blackhawks 7-2 rout over the Canucks at the United Center.
CHICAGO TRIBUNE LIVE presented by Captain Morgan (5:30 PM)
- It will be a star-studded Blackhawks edition of CTL as host David Kaplan will be joined by array of Blackhawks playerscoachesfront office execs and more including Blackhawks Chairman Rocky Wirtz, President & CEO John McDonough, Executive Vice President Jay Blunk, Vice PresidentGeneral Manager Stan Bowman, Head Coach Joel Quenneville, Comcast SportsNets Blackhawks play-by-play announcer Pat Foley, along with team members Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa, Brent Seabrook and newcomer Dan Carcillo. Plus Blackhawks legendteam Ambassador Denis Savard, Tommy Hawk and the Blackhawks Ice Crew will join the festivities andmake sure to tune in for a special feature as Kap learns exactly how hard it is to be a professional NHL goalie.
SPORTSNET CENTRAL presented by AT&T U-Verse (6:30 PM)
- Hosts Pat Boyle and Mark Schanowski will be a joined on set by a Blackhawks player during the telecast, while Chris Boden will also be on hand to host a roundtable discussion featuring Blackhawks players and head coach Joel Quenneville discussing the upcoming season. In addition, viewers can look forward to interaction with Blackhawks players throughout the network as help out CSN employees with their jobs. NOTE: The 10:00 PM & 10:30 PM editions of GMC SportsNet Central, along with the midnight edition of SportsNet Central, will also feature a heavy Blackhawks Day focus.
BLACKHAWKS CLASSIC: BLACKHAWKS vs. VANCOUVER (2011 Rd. 1, Gm. 6) (7:00 PM)
- After being down 3-0 in their first round series against the Canucks, the Blackhawks stormed back to force a Game 7 following right wing rookie Ben Smiths dramatic goal in OT, lifting the Blackhawks to a thrilling 4-3 victory in front of yet another sold-out, rocking night at the Madhouse on Madison.
CSNCHICAGO.COM (ALL DAY)
The Blackhawks will have a complete take over of CSNChicago.com on Oct. 4, providing a full interactive experience for fans. Note the following highlights:
Blackhawks Talk Live on CSNChicago.com will be a live stream and interactive chat showcasing the Blackhawks visit to the Comcast SportsNet newsroom including interviews with players via Comcast SportsNets Blackhawks PrePost Game Live host Chris Boden
Blackhawks players to answer fan questions via live chat on CSNChicago.com
The live stream will include CTL Interactive on Chicago Tribune Live with Blackhawks Insider Tracey Myers participating in the live chat with fans during the show and interacting with host David Kaplan and Blackhawks guests. Fans can interact via CSNChicago.com and Twitter CSNHawks.
CSNChicago.com home page take over by the Blackhawks with players serving as Managing Editors in selecting Blackhawks content to publish
Behind-the-scenes videos of Blackhawks interviews will be posted on CSNChicago.com during the CSN visit
Twitter Q&A with players via @CSNChicago , @CSNBoden and @TraMyersCSN
Fans can win Blackhawks signed items via live interactive chat and Twitter
Photo galleries and much more