COMCAST SPORTSNET & CSNCHICAGO.COM TO PROVIDE EXTENSIVE 2013 BEARS/NFL DRAFT COVERAGE
“One the Clock: Draft Central” preview show to air this Sunday, April 21 at 10:30 PM;
Comprehensive NFL Draft Night coverage from Halas Hall begins Thursday, April 25
Chicago, IL (April 18, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for “Bears Post Game Live,” is ready to deliver extensive coverage of the 2013 NFL Draft highlighted by an original half-hour Draft Preview Special, nightly reports on SportsNet Central and 24/7 Draft coverage on CSNChicago.com.
On Sunday, April 21 at 10:30 PM, fans can look forward to On the Clock: Draft Central, a half-hour NFL Draft preview show hosted by Chris Boden, along with “Bears Post Game Live” analyst Dan Jiggetts and CSNChicago.com NFL analyst Matt Bowen. The special will recap the Bears off-season, which included the departures of head coach Lovie Smith and veteran linebacker Brian Urlacher & the acquisitions of new head coach Marc Trestman and tight end Martellus Bennett among others. Among the interviews will include a chat with Bears GM Phil Emery to assess his thoughts on what areas the Bears are looking to improve via the upcoming draft. In addition, Miller and Bowen will discuss their first-hand accounts on what they witnessed at the Senior Bowl and what players stood out to them as being “NFL ready.” Plus, the special will take a close look at where local area college standouts such as Notre Dame Mantei Te’o and Tyler Eifert may wind up being picked in the Draft.
Beginning Thursday, April 25, SportsNet Central will have Day One of the NFL Draft covered as Kip Lewis will file multiple reports from Halas Hall with a detailed profile on who the Bears chose with their 20th overall pick. Interviews with the Bears top pick, Emery and other Bears personnel will be featured on SportsNet Central and SportsTalk Live starting Thursday and throughout the weekend.
From a digital standpoint, CSNChicago.com will have the Bears/NFL Draft covered 24/7 featuring the following highlights:
* Bears “Insider” John ‘Moon’ Mullin will file daily reports leading up and throughout the 2013 NFL Draft.
* David Kaplan and Matt Bowen will take a look at the six biggest needs of the Bears by position leading up to Tuesday, April 23 when their thoughts on the team’s biggest need will be presented.
* Fans can chat NFL Draft and potential Bears moves by utilizing the Twitter hashtag #BearsTalk and by going to the “Bears Pulse” page at CSNChicago.com.
* Kip Lewis and Chris Boden will also file Draft reports throughout the weekend
* CSNChicago.com will work closely with NBC Sports’ “Pro Football Talk” throughout the weekend for additional nationally-based Draft content.