DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPION CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS RETURN TO COMCAST SPORTSNET
CSN’s first of 50 regular season game telecasts – featuring Pat Foley & Eddie Olczyk – begins on Oct. 5 vs. Tampa Bay; First of three pre-season telecasts starts up Sept. 19 vs. Pittsburgh; Plus – Live Pre/Post-Game Shows all season long and comprehensive nightly coverage on ‘SportsNet Central’ highlight 2013-14 Schedule
CSNChicago.com to feature 24/7 reporting from Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers; website to also feature live video of Post-Game Press Conferences, “Blackhawks Pulse” Social Media Center, Daily Player/Coaches Interviews, Game Highlights, plus - On-Air Talent Blogs, In-Game Twitter updates from CSN talent, Live interactive Scoreboard and more!
Chicago, IL (September 12, 2013) – Comcast SportsNet, the television home for the most games and the most comprehensive coverage of the 2013 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks, is once again ready to deliver another thrill-packed season of NHL excitement with 50 live regular season Blackhawks games (24 home, 26 away), including in-depth pre-game and post-game shows, extensive nightly coverage on SportsNet Central and the most thorough 24/7 online Blackhawks coverage to date on CSNChicago.com!
The 2013-14 Chicago Blackhawks regular season on Comcast SportsNet gets underway on Saturday, October 5 at 6:30 PM CT as Conn Smythe Trophy winner Patrick Kane (Stanley Cup Playoffs MVP), Frank J. Selke Trophy winner Jonathan Toews (best defensive forward), William Jennings Trophy winner Corey Crawford (goaltender with the fewest goals allowed), Brandon Saad (finalist for Calder Memorial Trophy/Rookie of the Year), Marian Hossa (17 regular season/7 playoff goals), Patrick Sharp (10 playoff goals), Duncan Keith (24 regular season/11 playoff assists), Brent Seabrook (103 regular season blocked shots), Bryan Bickell (9 goals, 17 points in playoffs), fan favorite Andrew Shaw, returning Blackhawks netminder Nikolai Khabibulin and the rest of the ’13-‘14 season squad face-off against the Tampa Bay Lightning -- featuring the top two scorers in the NHL last season (Martin St. Louis/60 pts. & Steven Stamkos/57 pts.) -- LIVE from the United Center.
The season premiere of Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live sets up CSN’s opening night telecast on Oct. 5 at 6:30 PM with hosts Pat Boyle and Steve Konroyd. Face-off is set for 7:00 PM featuring the always-entertaining Blackhawks announcing tandem of Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk calling the game action. Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live immediately follows the game highlighted by Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville’s post-game press conference (to also be streamed live on CSNChicago.com after this and every Blackhawks home game telecast this season), along with live locker room player interviews, full highlights and complete post-game analysis.
IMPORTANT NOTE: NBCSN will carry the Blackhawks home/season opener on Tuesday, October 1 against the Washington Capitals beginning at 7:00 PM, which will feature the 2013 Stanley Cup Championship banner raising ceremony. Comcast SportsNet will provide additional surrounding opening night festivities coverage beginning at 5:30 PM on SportsTalk Live.
Beginning today (Thursday, Sept. 12), Comcast SportsNet’s SportsNet Central and CSNChicago.com’s Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers will also provide special, expanded Blackhawks Training Camp coverage from the campus of Notre Dame featuring practice highlights and interviews with players, coaches and front office personnel. Plus – SportsTalk Live and host David Kaplan will be LIVE in South Bend for a special remote edition of the hour-long sports talk program on Friday, Sept. 13 at 5:00 PM CT featuring interviews with players, along with discussion about this season’s team, their prospects for another Stanley Cup title, and much more.
In addition to 50 regular season games, Comcast SportsNet will also carry three pre-season telecasts beginning Thursday, September 19 vs. Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins at 7:00 PM live from the United Center. In addition, the network will carry two games against Hart Memorial Trophy winner (NHL regular season MVP) Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals on Friday, Sept. 20 in Washington (6:00 PM start) & Saturday, Sept. 28 from the United Center (7:00 PM start; game to air on CSN+).
Top highlights on this year’s 50-game Comcast SportsNet Blackhawks regular season schedule include 32 games against Western Conference foes (20 are Central Division match-ups featuring new division rivals Colorado, Dallas, Minnesota and Winnipeg, along with existing division opponents Nashville and St. Louis). 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs re-matches include four games against Western Conference quarterfinals opponent Minnesota (Oct. 28, Dec. 5, Jan. 23 & Apr. 3), a home game vs. Western Conference Finals opponent Los Angeles (Dec. 30) and a Stanley Cup Final re-match at Boston on Mar. 27. (NOTE: Comcast SportsNet’s complete 2013-14 pre-season & regular season Blackhawks schedule appears at the end of this release).
For the sixth-straight season, Blackhawks play-by-play legend Pat Foley and former Blackhawks star/USA Hockey Hall of Famer/Chicago hockey icon Eddie Olczyk (handling color analysis) will be the featured announcing tandem all season long. SportsNet Central’s Luke Stuckmeyer will be the primary on-site reporter for Blackhawks home game telecasts this season with Chris Boden also contributing at a later date in the season. Also, for the ninth-straight year, former Blackhawks defenseman Steve Konroyd will be the featured studio analyst on Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live and Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live, joining Blackhawks studio host Pat Boyle for the second-straight season.
As previously mentioned, surrounding game coverage this season includes Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live, a half-hour pre-game show featuring a breakdown of the evening’s match-up, interviews with coaches and players and a look at the other games around the NHL. Chevy Blackhawks Pregame Live will air prior to all Blackhawks games starting at 6:30 PM or later on weekdays and prior to every weekend game telecast. (NOTE: For weekday games beginning at 6:00 PM, Comcast SportsNet will have extensive Blackhawks pre-game coverage in SportsTalk Live presented by Land Rover). SportsTalk Live will also be the place to hear from numerous Blackhawks/NHL experts all season long.
Immediately following Comcast SportsNet Blackhawks game telecasts, viewers can look forward to the most comprehensive post-game wrap-up show on Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live featuring live coverage of head coach Joel Quenneville’s post-game press conferences, along with locker room interviews with Blackhawks players. Following the majority of Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live airings, viewers can catch GMC SportsNet Central 10:00 & 10:30 PM and/or the midnight edition of SportsNet Central presented by CLR with the most complete recap of the day’s top local and national sports news.
One pre-season and two regular season Blackhawks games are currently scheduled to be telecast on Comcast SportsNet Plus this season (see attached schedule). Comcast SportsNet Plus (CSN+) telecasts are provided to Comcast SportsNet affiliates and distributed to viewers when two live events are scheduled simultaneously. Comcast Cable and RCN subscribers can watch all CSN+ games on CLTV. Cable and satellite operators who do not carry CLTV will place CSN+ telecasts on a to-be-determined channel. Viewers can visit CSNChicago.com for the exact channel location of Comcast SportsNet, CSN+, Comcast SportsNet HD and CSN+ HD telecasts in their area.
From an online perspective, Comcast SportsNet’s website, CSNChicago.com, delivers comprehensive 24/7 Stanley Cup Champion Blackhawks coverage all season long, including the following highlights:
• Live stream of Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville's post-game press conferences (sponsored by Xfinity) following EVERY home game telecast.
• Video highlights from every Blackhawks game, including in-game highlights after each period. Pre-game interviews from morning skates will also be provided, as well as extensive post-game reaction from the locker room and analysis from the “Hawk Ford Blackhawks Postgame Live” team.
• “Blackhawks Pulse presented by AT&T U-Verse,” a one-stop social media hub that reveals the latest trending topics and player buzz from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. Plus, “Blackhawks Pulse” aggregates all Blackhawks player tweets, along with fan tweets that utilize the hashtag #HawksTalk.
• BlackhawksTalk, CSNChicago.com’s high-velocity, real-time, comprehensive Blackhawks news and opinion section featuring original commentary, reporting and aggregation. BlackhawksTalk is under the banner of NBC SportsTalk, NBC’s successful digital franchise on NBCSports.com that includes ProFootballTalk, HardballTalk, ProBaskteballTalk, ProHockeyTalk, CollegeFootballTalk and GolfTalkCentral. SportsTalk was extended to CSNChicago.com through the creation of BlackhawksTalk, BullsTalk, CubsTalk, WhiteSoxTalk and BearsTalk, which contains interactive content and continually updated insights from the network’s digital and on-air talent.
• “Blackhawks In-Game Live,” a second screen platform for web and mobile devices that combines state-of-the-art infographics, data visualization of real-time statistics and game info with rich social interactivity tied to CSN Chicago’s live game broadcasts.
• Blackhawks “Insider” Tracey Myers returns for her fourth season on the beat. Follow her on Twitter @TramyersCSN for the latest team/player news and inside access 24/7.
• Nina Falcone returns for her second season as Blackhawks digital reporter and producer. Falcone will provide Blackhawks and NHL reports/features on the beat with Myers. Follow @HawksTalkCSN on Twitter for full team coverage, giveaways, fan photos and game day news straight from the United Center.
• Pat Boyle, Luke Stuckmeyer and Chris Boden, CSN Chicago’s Blackhawks reporting team will provide pre-game and post-game coverage from the arena, along with digital content contribution and videos for CSNChicago.com throughout the season. Follow them on Twitter @CSNBoyle, @LukeStuckmeyer & @CSNBoden.
• CSNChicago.com’s new state-of-the-art “AT&T U-Verse Lounge” to provide expanded Blackhawks content through daily and weekly shows and segments.
• CSNChicago.com and ChicagoBlackhawks.com will collaborate in content creation and distribution throughout the regular season to provide fans in-depth player interviews and features plus behind-the-scenes access to everything going on and off-the-ice within the Blackhawks organization.
• CSNChicago.com, Yahoo! Sports and NBC’s ProHockeyTalk.com will also produce Blackhawks and NHL content in tandem this season, which will include on-camera segments and digital reports.
COMCAST SPORTSNET CHICAGO
2013-14 Chicago Blackhawks Schedule
1. Thu, Sept 19 vs. Pittsburgh 7:00 pm
2. Fri, Sept 20 @ Washington 6:00 pm
3. Sat, Sept 28 vs. Washington 7:00 pm CSN+
1. Sat, Oct 5 vs. Tampa Bay 7:00 pm
2. Fri, Oct 11 vs. New York Islanders 7:00 pm
3. Tue, Oct 15 @ Carolina 6:00 pm
4. Thu, Oct 17 vs. St. Louis 7:00 pm
5. Tue, Oct 22 @ Florida 6:30 pm
6. Thu, Oct 24 @ Tampa Bay 6:30 pm
7. Mon, Oct 28 @ Minnesota 7:00 pm
8. Tue, Oct 29 vs. Ottawa 7:00 pm
9. Sun, Nov 3 vs. Calgary 6:30 pm
10. Wed, Nov 6 vs. Winnipeg 7:00 pm CSN+
11. Thu, Nov 14 vs. Phoenix 7:00 pm
12. Sat, Nov 16 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
13. Tue, Nov 19 @ Colorado 8:00 pm
14. Thu, Nov 21 @ Winnipeg 7:00 pm
15. Mon, Nov 25 @ Edmonton 8:30 pm
16. Fri, Nov 29 @ Dallas 7:30 pm
17. Sat, Nov 30 @ Phoenix 7:00 pm
18. Tue, Dec 3 vs. Dallas 7:00 pm
19. Thu, Dec 5 @ Minnesota 7:00 pm
20. Fri, Dec 6 vs. Anaheim 7:00 pm
21. Tue, Dec 10 @ Dallas 7:30 pm
22. Tue, Dec 17 @ Nashville 7:00 pm
23. Fri, Dec 20 vs. Vancouver 7:00 pm
24. Mon, Dec 23 vs. New Jersey 7:00 pm
25. Fri, Dec 27 vs. Colorado 7:00 pm
26. Mon, Dec 30 vs. Los Angeles 7:00 pm
27. Thu, Jan 2 @ New York Islanders 6:00 pm
28. Fri, Jan 3 @ New Jersey 6:00 pm
29. Sun, Jan 12 vs. Edmonton 6:00 pm
30. Tue, Jan 14 vs. Colorado 7:00 pm
31. Fri, Jan 17 vs. Anaheim 7:00 pm CSN+
32. Thu, Jan 23 @ Minnesota 7:00 pm
33. Sun, Jan 26 vs. Winnipeg 6:00 pm
34. Tue, Jan 28 @ Calgary 8:30 pm
35. Sat, Feb 1 @ San Jose 9:30 pm
36. Fri, Feb 7 @ Phoenix 8:00 pm
37. Thu, Feb 27 @ New York Rangers 6:00 pm
38. Tue, Mar 4 vs. Colorado 7:00 pm
39. Thu, Mar 6 vs. Columbus 7:00 pm
40. Wed, Mar 12 @ Colorado 8:30 pm
41. Fri, Mar 14 vs. Nashville 7:00 pm
42. Tue, Mar 18 @ Philadelphia 6:30 pm
43. Fri, Mar 21 vs. Carolina 7:00 pm
44. Tue, Mar 25 vs. Dallas 7:00 pm
45. Thu, Mar 27 @ Boston 6:00 pm
46. Fri, Mar 28 @ Ottawa 6:30 pm
47. Thu, Apr 3 vs. Minnesota 7:00 pm
48. Fri, Apr 4 @ Columbus 6:00 pm
49. Wed, Apr 9 vs. Montreal 6:30 pm
50. Fri, Apr 11 @ Washington 6:00 pm
24 Home, 26 Road regular season games; 3 pre-season
Total: 53 games