Each week, we are sharing some delicious recipes that will be a hit at your next tailgate!
Week 19 features a BBQ Turkey Chili. Check out the recipe here:
Prep Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 8 hours 35 min. | Makes: 14 servings, 1 cup chili and 5 crackers each
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 onions, finely chopped
1 each red and yellow peppers, chopped
¼ cup chili powder
2 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
1 lb. each ground turkey and hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
½ cup beer
1 can (15 oz.) each kidney and pinto beans, rinsed
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
¾ cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
PREMIUM Saltine Crackers
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add next 7 ingredients; stir.
- Cook until vegetables are tender and seasonings are aromatic, about 10 min.
- Add turkey and sausage; break up meat with the back of wooden spoon.
- Cook 4 min. or until no longer pink.
- Stir in beer; scrape up any bits that are stuck to bottom of pan. Add to large slow cooker.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and barbecue sauce.
- Cover with lid. Cook on LOW 8 hours (or on HIGH 5 hours).
- Serve with crackers.
- Top each serving with BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream and KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Game Day Tip:
- This is a great Game Day chili that can be prepared the day before and will feed a big crowd. Use any leftovers to top baked potatoes and cooked OSCAR MAYER Wieners.