Along with comprehensive coverage of the 2014 Bears training camp in Bourbonnais, CSNChicago.com will bring you daily "around the NFL" updates throughout the duration of camp.
- David Wilson's NFL career has come to a sad end. The New York Giants announced on Monday that doctors have advised Wilson against playing football due to reoccurring neck and spine problems. Wilson, a 2012 first-round pick of the Giants, made a statement late Monday and appears to have come to terms with the news. "I don't want anybody to feel sorry for me or pity me," Wilson said in press release from the Giants. "I lived my dream. A lot of people only get to dream their dream. I lived that dream. Now I have a chance to dream another dream and live that, too." The 23-year-old running back registered 504 rushing yards and seven total touchdowns in 21 career games with the Giants.
- The Detroit Lions are taking a chance on a former first-round pick. The Lions claimed wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin, who was cut by the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday, according to a report from ESPN.com. The Lions will be Baldwin's third NFL team after being drafted out of the University of Pittsburgh with the No. 26 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft by the Kansas City Chiefs. In three seasons, Baldwin has recorded 44 receptions for 607 yards and two touchdowns.
- The San Francisco 49ers have decided to waive injured running back Kendall Hunter. According to ProFootballTalk.com, the 49ers waived Hunter with an "injured designation" on Monday. Hunter suffered an ACL tear during the team's first week of training camp, and is expected to miss the entire 2014 season. The 25-year-old Hunter was originally projected to be the 49ers' No. 2 running back behind starter Frank Gore. In 16 games last season, Hunter rushed for 358 yards to go along with three touchdowns.
- Rumors started swirling when the Cincinnati Bengals selected Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron in the 2014 NFL Draft that the team could soon be moving on from starting quarterback Andy Dalton, but those rumors were put to rest on Monday. The Bengals and Dalton agreed to terms on a six-year, $96 million extension. And according to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport, Dalton's deal could be worth up to $115 million with escalators based on advancing in the playoffs. Since being drafted by the Bengals in 2011, Dalton has helped lead the team to the postseason three straight years, albeit in a first-round exit all three times.
- The Denver Broncos backfield was dealt a blow on Monday. According to NFL Media'a Ian Rapoport, running back Montee Ball will undergo an appendectomy that will sideline the second-year back for the rest of training camp and the preseason. However, Ball is expected to return for the team's season opener against the Indianapolis Colts. Ball was expected to be the Broncos' starting running back after last year's starter Knowshon Moreno signed with the Miami Dolphins in the offseason. Ronnie Hillman and C.J. Anderson are expected to see the bulk of the team's carries throughout the preseason.
- Jamaal Charles has been to the Pro Bowl three times and has garnered two All-Pro selections in his time with the Kansas City Chiefs, but the star running back is aiming for something even higher. Charles told the Associated Press that he wants to remembered alongside all-time great running backs Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith. “It’s all about staying consistent,” Charles said. “I want to be in the Hall of Fame when I retire. I want to win a championship. That’s what it’s all about.”