Another round of canceled games comes as no surprise after last week's meetings between the NHL and NHLPA crumbled to the ground.
According to TSN's Darren Dreger, the league is expected to formally announce that all games through Dec. 30 are now off the table. Deputy commissioner Bill Daly has since said that the league and union are hoping to meet again sometime this week, but no official plans have been made.
Since last Thursday's ugly ending, NHLPA executive Donald Fehr said the two sides are close to a deal, something that NHL commissioner Gary Bettman refuted.
At best, teams could return to the ice on New Years Eve or early January, but the 2013 campaign will not include the Winter Classic or All-Star game, which were both axed earlier in the negotiations.