Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls are closing in on the leagues best record for the second consecutive season, and based on sales at the temporary NBA Store and NBAStore.com from April 2011 to the present, they rank number one in NBAs most popular jersey and team merchandise.
The leagues reigning MVP skyrocketed from number five to the number one spot for the first time in his career and helped the Bulls reach the top spot in merchandise sales for the first time since April 2001.
CSN Shop: Derrick Rose jersey
Rose is followed by New York Knicks Jeremy Lin (1 for regular season Dec. 2011 to present) , and then preceded by Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant, Miami Heats LeBron James and New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony.
Following the Bulls among the NBAs most popular team is the New York Knicks at 2, the Los Angeles Lakers at 3, the Miami Heat 4 and the Dallas Mavericks at 5.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys: Top 10 Most Popular Teams
1. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls 1. Chicago Bulls
2. Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks 2. New York Knicks
3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers 3. Los Angeles Lakers
4. LeBron James, Miami Heat 4. Miami Heat
5. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks 5. Dallas Mavericks
6. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat 6. Boston Celtics
7. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks 7. Oklahoma City Thunder
8. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder 8. Los Angeles Clippers
9. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers 9. Denver Nuggets
10. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics 10. Orlando Magic
11. Amare Stoudemire, New York Knicks
12. Ray Allen, Boston Celtics
13. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
14. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
15. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Not on last years list.