Tyler Colvin was supposed to be a savior on the North Side of Chicago.
Now, the former Cubs' first-round pick is just fighting to keep a roster spot.
Colvin, 28, signed a Major League deal with the Baltimore Orioles last week, but now the O's are saying there are issues with Colvin's physical.
Colvin endured back issues last season and suffered a freak accident in September 2010 while with the Cubs when he was hit in the chest with a shattered bat.
However, ESPN's Jerry Crasnick says he's heard of no such health issues with Colvin.
One source says Colvin has been hitting, throwing & working out 5 days a week in Arizona and hasn't had any problems. #orioles— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) January 22, 2014
This isn't the first time this offseason the Orioles have had issues with medicals after agreeing to a deal in principle. They backed out of a two-year $15 million contract with reliever Grant Balfour earlier this winter.