Kelly: Golson re-admittance process has begun

Kelly: Golson re-admittance process has begun
November 19, 2013, 1:45 pm
Share This Post
(USA Today Sports Images)

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said quarterback Everett Golson has begun his re-admittance process and, if he's allowed back in school in time he could participate in bowl practices.

It's Kelly's understanding that a decision on Golson's re-admittance application will be made sometime in the middle of December. The last day of Notre Dame's fall semester -- for which Golson was expelled in May -- is Dec. 20.

A university official confirmed re-admittance decisions will be made in mid-December, but could not offer a specific date.

The rough timetable given by Kelly Tuesday fits with what he laid out earlier in the year, with Golson expected back at Notre Dame around the holidays.

[RELATED: Irish sick bay -- Injuries starting to clear up

If Golson is let back into Notre Dame soon after that Dec. 20 date, he could conceivably participate in a few bowl practices. The general consensus among bowl projections is that Notre Dame will go to the Pinstripe Bowl on Dec. 28 -- if that's the case, whatever participation Golson would have likely will be limited.

Golson still has to be re-admitted into Notre Dame, though Kelly has given no indication there will be any snags with that process. It's a process and ruling, though, that's out of his hands.

"I don't think that I could make that decision, nor can I comment on that," Kelly said.

More Team Talk