News Internship Description
Position Title: Intern
Company: CSN Chicago
# of hours / week: 10-15 per
To experience all aspects of Sports Media in a TV newsroom, including production, operations, and engineering. Opportunities will include working on pre and post-game shows as well as field work, writing and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience and learn production and operations from reporters, anchors and the production team by assisting the team in day to day tasks
- Use research, creativity and archive footage to assist with sports programming
- Exposure to field work including interviewing skills, lighting and operations.
- Gain understanding of operating the teleprompter as well as other areas of the control room, production and director operations
- Participation and assisting with stage managing including mic’ing and camera operations
- Provide support for guest relations
- Logging games and instruction on highlight and sound bite identification
- Additional duties as assigned
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of sports.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must be a student in pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, Master or Juris Doctor degree
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the US
- Must have sophomore standing or above
- Must have a 3.0 GPA
If you meet the requirements above, please fill out the Intern Candidate Information form (attached) and e-mail the completed form along with your resume to CSNemail@example.com to be considered for the internship program.