1mDeKalb junior three-star running back Dre Brown has given his verbal commitment to the University of Illinois.
1mCSN Preps hoops analyst Scott Phillips previews Week 14 of High School Lites action, which has moved to Saturday nights as the postseason heats up around the Chicagoland area.
1mThe Illinois high school basketball playoffs kicked off with a bang this week, with a pair of favorites going down. Curie was upset by DuSable, and Larkin fell to South Elgin.
1mMichael Kozlow made the right decision all year for the Naperville Central Redhawks, and he did the same last month when he spotted an elderly man in need.
1mIt was one-and-done for Curie on Tuesday night. The top ranked team in the state fell to DuSable High School, 88-85, in a shocker during the first-round of the IHSA state playoffs.
1mLast week the IHSA Board of Directors passed a change that will require non-boundary schools that advance to more than one state final to move up in class. EDGY Tim breaks down the changes.
1mFremd didn't have a goal of going undefeated, yet at 25-0 here they are with a target on their back and riding as much momentum into regionals as any team in the state. Here's how they got there.
Preps Basketball Power Rankings
1. Whitney Young (29-5) *4A state champions
2. Morgan Park (23-6) *3A state champions
3. Benet (25-8) *4A second place
4. Stevenson (32-2) *4A third place
5. Orr (26-5) *3A third place
6. Marian Catholic (28-3)
7. Bogan (25-6)
8. North Chicago (26-5)
9. Loyola (25-6)
10. Glenbard North (24-6)
Preps Football Power Rankings
1. Mount Carmel (13-1) *7A state champions
2. Naperville Central (11-3) *8A state champions
3. Loyola (12-2) *8A second place
4. Batavia (13-1) *6A state champions
5. Lake Zurich (12-2) *7A second place
6. Montini (13-1) *5A second place
7. Glenbard West (11-2)
8. Stevenson (10-3)
9. Marist (9-4)
10. Richards (12-2) *6A second place