4mAfter two expected blowout wins over Reavis and De La Salle, the Whitney Young Dolphins were crowned as Regional champs and move on to face rival Simeon in the sectional semifinals on March 12.
4mDeKalb junior three-star running back Dre Brown has given his verbal commitment to the University of Illinois.
4mCSN Preps hoops analyst Scott Phillips previews Week 14 of High School Lites action, which has moved to Saturday nights as the postseason heats up around the Chicagoland area.
4mThe Illinois high school basketball playoffs kicked off with a bang this week, with a pair of favorites going down. Curie was upset by DuSable, and Larkin fell to South Elgin.
4mMichael Kozlow made the right decision all year for the Naperville Central Redhawks, and he did the same last month when he spotted an elderly man in need.
4mIt was one-and-done for Curie on Tuesday night. The top ranked team in the state fell to DuSable High School, 88-85, in a shocker during the first-round of the IHSA state playoffs.
4mLast week the IHSA Board of Directors passed a change that will require non-boundary schools that advance to more than one state final to move up in class. EDGY Tim breaks down the changes.
Preps Basketball Power Rankings
1. Whitney Young (29-5) *4A state champions
2. Morgan Park (23-6) *3A state champions
3. Benet (25-8) *4A second place
4. Stevenson (32-2) *4A third place
5. Orr (26-5) *3A third place
6. Marian Catholic (28-3)
7. Bogan (25-6)
8. North Chicago (26-5)
9. Loyola (25-6)
10. Glenbard North (24-6)
Preps Football Power Rankings
1. Mount Carmel (13-1) *7A state champions
2. Naperville Central (11-3) *8A state champions
3. Loyola (12-2) *8A second place
4. Batavia (13-1) *6A state champions
5. Lake Zurich (12-2) *7A second place
6. Montini (13-1) *5A second place
7. Glenbard West (11-2)
8. Stevenson (10-3)
9. Marist (9-4)
10. Richards (12-2) *6A second place