For the first time in network history, Comcast SportsNet will air commercial-free telecasts of the White Sox vs. Los Angeles Dodgers spring training game on Saturday, March 15 at 9:00 p.m. and the Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians spring training game on Sunday, March 16 at 3:00 p.m.
The spring training telecasts on CSN will be presented by Xfinity (White Sox) and Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana Toyota Dealers (Cubs). The network will showcase one-on-one player interviews, player profiles, plus entertaining feature stories that fans will not want to miss.
[MORE: Complete White Sox news]
“We wanted to start off our coverage of the 2014 Chicago baseball season in a big way by taking the time we would normally air commercials and provide some very unique content for our viewers,” Comcast SportsNet Chicago VP/GM Phil Bedella said. “These special features and player profiles we have created will continue throughout all 15 of our spring training telecasts and will help viewers get to know and appreciate the emerging new talent that will be building blocks on both sides of town for years to come.”
[RELATED: Complete Cubs news]
Among the in-game features that viewers can look forward to this weekend include:
- Center fielder Adam Eaton takes CSN Chicago on a fishing trip.
- First baseman Jose Abreu's strength and conditioning session with Allen Thomas.
- Third baseman Matt Davidson sits down with Chuck Garfien for an interview.
- Paul Konerko on what would define a successful final season.
- Pitching Cooper Don Cooper mic'd up.
- Catcher Josh Phegley straps on a Go-Pro camera while catching starter John Danks.
- Second baseman Darwin Barney one-on-one interview
- Pitcher Travis Wood on why he's had success at the plate.
- A game of H.O.R.S.E. between Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo, top prospect Javier Baez and outfielder Ryan Sweeney.