Fifteen years ago Chicago lost a sports legend. Harry Caray is gone, but he'll never be forgotten. On Feb. 28th, make sure you head down to Harry Caray's Tavern on Navy Pier for the annual Toast to Harry!
Today, it seems like almost everyone does an impression, but the original stands alone. Put on your giant glasses and check out Harry's 15 most memorable quotes over the years.
15. "Cubs win! Cubs Win! Cubs win!"
14. "You know Alou's name spelled backwards is Uola? That sounds like a first name, Uola."
13. "I don't know what the big deal about Cracker Jack is. Did you ever go buy a pack of Cracker Jack, thinking you'd get a prize and find no prize in the box? (pause) Here's the pitch..."
12. "Booze, broads and bulls**t. If you got all that, what else you need?"
11. "I've only been doing this for 54 years. With a little experience, I might get better."
10. "It might be. It could be. It is! A Home Run!"
9. "Not only do I like to go to bars becuase I like to drink, I do like to drink, but I go because who do you see there? Baseball fans."
8. "They (Montreal Expos Fans) discovered 'boo' is pronounced the same in French as it is in English."
7. "Poppppppppped him up"
6. " A high pop fly. Sanchez, he's never dropped one of these in his life..." (ball drops) "He did! Holy cow! How about that!"
5. "I know it's the fans that are responsible for me being here. I've always tried in each and every broadcast to serve the fans to the best of my ability."
4. "Oh I get a little tired now and then, but knowing my lifestyle, that's only natural."
3. "My whole philosophy is to broadcast the way a fan would broadcast."
2. "I would always sing it (Take Me Out To The Ballgame) because I think it's the only song I knew the words to."
1. "Holy Cow!"