Zack Martin accepts invite to Senior Bowl

Zack Martin accepts invite to Senior Bowl
December 23, 2013, 12:00 pm
Share This Post

Notre Dame offensive lineman Zack Martin has accepted a bid to the Senior Bowl, the event announced on Twitter Monday.

Martin will join a host of college football's top talent for the Jan. 25 game in Mobile, Ala. Among the players to accept invites to the Senior Bowl on Monday: Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald, Stanford linebackers Trent Murphy and Shayne Skov, Baylor offensive lineman Cyril Richardson and Boston College running back Andre Williams.

[More: The top five games on Notre Dame's upcoming schedules]

The event will be a key early showcase for Martin, who rates as a fringe first-round pick according to a few prominent mock drafts. Keep an eye on what position Martin plays -- he's held down left tackle at Notre Dame the last four seasons, though could project better as a guard at the NFL level. ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr. said in a conference call last month Martin could wind up playing guard, and coach Brian Kelly said earlier this year he thinks Martin could, if necessary, play guard as well.

Martin will join teammate Chris Watt at the game, though it's unclear to what level Watt will be able to participate in the game after suffering an MCL sprain Nov. 30 at Stanford.

A complete list of the attendees for the Senior Bowl can be found here.

Quarterback Tommy Rees, wide receiver T.J. Jones, linebacker Prince Shembo and cornerback Bennett Jackson accepted invites to the East-West Shine Game, which is played on Jan. 18, 2014 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla.